The term CRN or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner and team behind the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by CRN and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website and services.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of CRN. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, CRN takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
CRN is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CRN may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer’s preferences
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us via our website or directly at the address email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
1. Our responsibilities
1.1 The inspection turn around period is normally within 1-3 working days, under some circumstances, it may take longer due to the availability of parts. We will endeavour to keep customers fully informed during this period.
1.2 A repair means the restoration of equipment to working order in accordance with the customer’s fault report and requirements and to be done to the best of our knowledge under the circumstances we find ourselves and/or your computer equipment in.
2. Your responsibilities
2.1 Any equipment sent to CRN should be accompanied by a fault report from the customer. The information given by the customer is for reference only. Our own engineer’s examination report will form the basis of the full fault report.
2.2 Customers should backup their data before sending their equipment to us for repair. We cannot accept any responsibility for data loss.
2.3 Any equipment kept on site by CRN for more than 2 weeks since the initial quotation, or issue of invoice will be scrapped without notice. A daily holding fee will be charged to customer a month after the quotation or invoice has been issued.
3.1 We offer return to base (RTB) warranty on repairs. You will be told how many days you’ll get.
Warranty will be void if our warranty label has been broken; the faults are different or unrelated to the original faults; if the equipment has been modified, or improperly handled.
3.2 Equipment which is returned out of our warranty or with voided warranty will be charged the appropriate repair fee.
3.3 No or Limited warranty for some parts replacement:
For AC Jack/ power Socket replacement, USB port replacement, software installation, software repairs, all malware removal etc. No warranty.
For screen replacement (screen is cracked, or got lines No warranty), hard disk, SSD, CD, Keyboard replacement, only limited warranty for manufacturer’s fault.
For motherboard replacement, such like Dell, HP model, suppliers only offer one month warranty, we will only offer one moth warranty as well, and faulty motherboard will be tested and confirmed by suppliers.
Any faults upon the equipment’s return to the customer must be notified within 48 hours of return or collection or any warranty will be voided.
4. Cost and Payment
4.1 Payment can be cash on collection or bank transfer prior to collection. Payment must be made before delivery or collection.
4.2 Cost will be agreed with you upon quote or estimate for the service required. Costs may change during the repair period due to unforeseen circumstances, and are not guaranteed by the quote or estimate. If at this point you wish to cancel the repair, you will still be liable for the work that had been done up to that point. This also implies the possibility that the machine won’t be fully repaired. ‘No Fix No Fee’ does not apply, you will always have to pay at least the inspection fee.
4.3 On failure to collect or make a payment for your repair within 1 month of the repairs completion, we reserve the right to take ownership of your equipment and to recycle, dispose of or sell the item in order to recover our costs.
4.4 On any work of any price we reserve the right to request a deposit before undertaking the repair.
4.5 If we say No Fix No Fee, we refer to repairs proposed by us, upon inspection or otherwise, which fail to address or correct the initial/current issues.
Any repairs proposed by the customer, will not be our responsibility. We simply carry out the work requested by the customer, which may or may not correct the initial/current issues.
Example of customer responsibility: Some keys don’t work on a laptop. The customer tells us to change the keyboard. The customer may or may not supply the parts. Once changed, these keys still don’t work. Customer still has to pay for the work carried out.
Example of No Fix No Fee: Some keys don’t work on a laptop. We assess it and determine the keyboard needs to be replaced. We replace the keyboard but the keys still don’t work. The customer is protected by the No Fix No Fee policy.
Example agreed responsibility: Some keys don’t work on a laptop. We assess it and determine the keyboard might need to be replaced. We let the customer know it could be the keyboard but it could also be the controller on the motherboard. The customer chooses to risk replacing the keyboard. It proves to be the controller. The customer still has to pay for the work carried out.
5. Liability Disclaimer
5.1 No responsibility for the expiration of manufacturer’s original warranty on equipment that has been sent to us for inspection or repair.
5.2 No responsibility for any data loss during the repair procedure. If we need to reinstall windows, we are not responsible for the loss of any software programs or functions that were initially installed if the customer has not provided original recovery software. No responsibility for the loss of purchased access to any programs or apps such as MS Office etc. The Operating System of a computer may become corrupted and/or unbootable during the repair process, among other risks, the machine may actually break during an attempt to remove viruses for example. We are not responsible for any of these risks and consequences of the repair attempts, though we will try to resolve any issues which may occur from the repairs.
5.3 No responsibility for equipment of an unstable nature which may deteriorate during inspection for repair.
5.4 No responsibility after un-repaired laptop being taken back or returned.
5.5 No responsibility for returning defective or replaced parts.
6. For end user , if we say or have a promotion on for ‘Free examination, free quotation’ is subject to the condition that you bring in your laptop for repair, not for price comparison with other repair providers etc, otherwise, we keep the right to charge customer a check-up/inspection fee. Inspection is not free if the repair value is less or equal to £40 unless otherwise agreed, or when you don’t accept the quote.
Quotations and reports for insurance purposes:
If you require a quotation or a report document to claim insurance, before or after a successful or unsuccessful repair, we will charge for the document. We may or not apply other charges depending on the amount of time, you or your insurer, may require from us during any dealings and negotiations. It is possible that you may recover these costs from your insurer.
6.1 Any promotions or discounts are for services only and do not include parts or any other expenses, unless otherwise agreed. Any quotes which include parts replacement and therefore parts costs, will not be discounted. Any discounts only apply to one service per repair, or one service even if bundled. Discount codes cannot be used after a quote has already been provided; you must provide the code along with your initial enquiry. Discounts do not apply to our already discounted packages such as our Health Check/Maintenance Service packages. If a repair requires more than one service (eg Virus Removal + RAM Upgrade) only one service will be discounted. If a repair need more than one service, the discount will apply to the cheapest service. Discounts only apply to services above £40, or whatever rate at the time. Discounts will only be available as and when advertised, and are not permanent.
6.2 If we say Free Collection and Return, we refer to a certain maximum travel distance in miles including return, per trip, from our location. We reserve the right to charge the inherent costs to distance travelled and time spent travelling while collecting or returning equipment, or any other activity namely consultation services.
7.1 WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE ANY OF THE ABOVE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.